We are re-opening by 8 June 2020 at noon ready to be welcoming you as our guest.
We do not compromise when it comes to the safety of our guests and staff which is why we are closely following the guidelines of the authorities so you can feel safe when staying here with us.
Information to you as our guest
We encourage all guests to respect the distance and contribute to the following guidelines.
NB! Before booking, we advise you to check the guidelines of your local authorities and the Danish ministry in terms of entering the country as the borders have been closed in regard to covid-19. Danhostel Copenhagen City will not be held liable for any refund, due to issues resulting from problems entering the country.
Here’s how we keep you safe:
We keep our distance
- Reception and lobby: We mark distances based on the rule of a 1-meter distance. We recommend that one person only report to reception for checking in and out, especially for group bookings.
- Elevators: We ask our guests to use the lifts alone or with people you arrived with only. In addition, we recommend that you use the stairs as well. Please show consideration for poorly walking guests, guests with luggage etc. We appreciate your understanding regarding the wait which these guidelines may cause.
- Buffet and café BAR50: We serve breakfast buffet and follow the authorities’ guidelines for safe distance and hand hygiene. There will be no seating available at the bar. Tables and seating are set according to the guidelines for safe distance.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the reception, by common toilets and at eating areas.
- We make sure to meet the cleaning guidelines of the authorities in rooms, dorms as well as common areas. In addition, we provide regular disinfection of exposed surfaces and contact surfaces such as door handles, keys and key cards, card terminals, elevator buttons etc.
- On arrival, you will receive bed linen and towel in a bag. The linen package is returned in the same bag upon departure in our deposit box in the lobby. In this way, only you are in contact with your bed linen.
- The use of our guest kitchen is at your own risk.
- There is a limit of 10 people using the guest kitchen at the same time.
- We are cleaning the guest kitchen according to the authority guidelines and will ensure regular disinfection of exposed surfaces, daily replacements of dishcloths and kitchen towels.
- Please use the available service in the guest kitchen and place it in the dishwasher after use. We ask you to not wash it by hand yourself.
Breakfast buffet and café BAR50
- We ask you to please respect the distance markers and other directions in the dining areas.
- We serve breakfast in our buffet where the staff will deliver the food to you at a suitable distance.
- We are cleaning the dining area according to the authority guidelines.
- The bar offers service as usual. However, we cannot let you sit at the bar.
- We have canceled all events at BAR50 until 8 June. Yoga, quiz night, Little Culture Night, board game night, concerts and more are therefore canceled until we again find it reasonable to hold events at our café. Keep an eye out on our website.
- Children are welcome as always. However, under the current circumstances, we do not find it secure to set up the children’s play corner. We recommend that you bring your own toys for you children.
- We make sure to accommodate as few people in our dorms as possible, so that a maximum of 4 people will be accommodated in an 8-person room, etc. until the guidelines in force are changed.
- If you do not want to stay in a dorm, we offer our guests to upgrade to a private room at an advantageous price.
- We ask you to please ensure that you use your own towel only, and that you clean up after yourself in the bathroom and generally pay regard to the other guests in the dorm.
- We have informed all employees about COVID-19 and instructed them in handling it based on the recommendations of the authorities.
- We have minimized the number of staff to reduce contamination by launching an emergency staffing team that works in turn.
- If we have employees who show signs of illness, they are sent home immediately, after which the situation is handled according to specific procedures.
Do you wish to change your booking?
The hotel industry is affected really bad right now. If you are forced to cancel your trip to Copenhagen due to covid-19, we hope that you will re-book your stay instead of cancelling.
If you have booked a non-refundable stay up until 8 June 2020, you can choose to re-book to another date in 2020 at no extra charge. If you do not wish to re-book for a specific date, we give you the option of receiving a gift card so that you can book your stay later.
Booking changes must be sent to email@example.com.
Our phone lines are open from Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note that we cannot change your booking if you have booked it through another travel partner (booking.com, expedia.com etc.). If that is the case, you need to contact them instead. We encourage you to book directly with us in the future so we can help you better.
Protect yourself and others
We ask everyone to respect the seriousness of the situation at hand and advice to protect themselves and others from infection by following the recommendations of the health authorities.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer
- Cough or sneeze in your sleeve
- Restrict physical contact
- Pay attention to cleaning
- Elderly and chronically ill - keep your distance and ask others to pay attention
- If you are sick or have symptoms of the corona virus, you should isolate yourself until 48 hours after being free of symptoms.
Should we experience or become aware of a case of COVID-19 in our hostel, we will handle the situation according to specific procedures and in consultation with the Danish authorities.
We recommend that anyone with questions regarding the covid-19 situation contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.