We are open to visitors and ready to welcome you.
We have chosen to adapt our daily operations and launch a number of initiatives that will make our guests and staff feel safe and secure at Danhostel Copenhagen City. We naturally follow all recommendations and guidelines from the Danish authorities.
We encourage all guests to respect the distance and contribute to the following guidelines.
NB! Before booking, we advise you to check the guidelines of your local authorities and the Danish ministry in terms of entering the country. Each country has their own guidelines for crossing borders. Danhostel Copenhagen City will not be held liable for any refund, due to issues resulting from problems entering the country.
General precautions at the hostel
NOTE! You DON'T have to show us a corona pass to stay at our hostel!
- Corona pass: You don't have to show us a corona pass to stay at our hostel. But if you wish to sit in our café or enjoy your breakfast at our tables, we need to see a valid corona pass for everyone over the age of 15 until 1 September 2021.
- Please use the lifts alone or only with people you are sharing a room with. In addition, we recommend that you also use the stairs. Also take into account the ill-fated, guests with suitcases, etc. We hope for your understanding of extra waiting time at the lifts.
- Our menu is digitized and can also be found on our digital guestbook.
- The reception is open 24 hours a day.
- Please note, that both BAR50 and the reception can be used for check-in/out and other inquires.
- We recommend that one person only report to reception for checking in and out, especially for group bookings, to comply with the distance requirements.
BAR50 - corona pass
- BAR50 is open Monday-Friday from 7 am - midnight, and Saturday-Sunday from 06.30 am - midnight.
- We recommend that you reserve a table if you wish to visit BAR50, due to a limited number of seatings. Table reservations can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 33 11 85 85.
- All persons over the age of 15 must present a valid corona pass if they wish to visit BAR50. You can download your corona pass if you have been vaccinated, if you are previously infected or tested negative within the last 72 hours (from 1 July 2021, your corona pass will be valid for 96 hours). Read more here.
- Everything on the menu can also be purchased and enjoyed as takeaway.
We offer both a delicious takeaway breakfast bag and a continental breakfast buffet
Please note, that there are special guidelines if you're traveling as part of a larger group. Read more about groups here.
Takeaway breakfast bag:
- Our breakfast bag can be enjoyed in the rooms or outside and cost DKK 75 per person.
- The breakfast bag contains different choices of delicious breakfast dishes, which will vary from day to day, including coffee/tea. Please inform us, if you have any food allergies.
- The breakfast bags can be picked up in the time period 7 am – 9 am.
- If you have prebooked takeaway breakfast bag and wish to enjoy the buffet instead, an upgrade can be made no later than 48 hours before arrival. Nb: corona pas is required and there’s a limited number of seats.
- Our breakfast buffet can be booked every Saturday and Sunday in June, and all 7 days of week from Monday the 28th of June in the time period 06.30 am – 10.30 am.
- Enjoy our breakfast buffet for DKK 90 per person and DKK 45 for children under 12 years (0-3 years old free).
- All persons over the age of 15 must present a valid corona pass until 1 September 2021.
- The buffet is including seat reservations in our café and is booked in one-hour intervals.
- We follow the authorities' guidelines for safe distance and good hand hygiene, and we kindly ask our guests to adhere to the booked time.
- Hand sanitizer is available around our hostel and is used regularly by all staff as well as by guests.
- We make sure to meet the cleaning guidelines of the authorities in rooms, dorms as well as common areas. In addition, we provide regular disinfection of exposed surfaces and contact surfaces such as door handles, keys and key cards, card terminals, elevator buttons etc. with antibacterial fluids.
- On arrival, you will receive a bed linen and a towel in a bag. The linen package is returned in the same bag on departure in our deposit box in the lobby. In this way, only you are in contact with your bed linen.
- The use of our guest kitchen is at your own risk.
- There is a limit of 10 people using the guest kitchen at the same time.
- We are cleaning the guest kitchen according to the authority guidelines and will ensure regular disinfection of exposed surfaces, daily replacements of dishcloths and kitchen towels.
- Please use the available service in the guest kitchen and place it in the dishwasher after use. We ask you to not wash it by hand yourself.
- We make sure to accommodate as few people in our dorms as possible, so that a maximum of 4 people will be accommodated in an 8-person room, etc. until the guidelines in force are changed.
- If you do not want to stay in a dorm, we offer our guests to upgrade to a private room at an advantageous price.
- We ask you to please ensure that you use your own towel only, and that you clean up after yourself in the bathroom and generally pay regard to the other guests in the dorm.
- We have informed all employees about COVID-19 and instructed them in handling it based on the recommendations of the authorities.
- We have minimized the number of staff to reduce contamination by launching an emergency staffing team that works in turn.
Protect yourself and others
We ask everyone to respect the seriousness of the situation at hand and advice to protect themselves and others from infection by following the recommendations of the health authorities.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 30 seconds. Use hand sanitizer as a supplement.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or into a paper handkerchief.
- Limit physical contact.
- Keep a distance of 2 meters if possible and always at least 1 meter.
- Elderly and chronically ill - keep your distance and ask others to pay attention
- If you are sick or have symptoms of the corona virus, you should isolate yourself until 48 hours after being free of symptoms.
Should we experience or become aware of a case of COVID-19 in our hostel, we will handle the situation according to specific procedures and in consultation with the Danish authorities.
Do you wish to change your booking?
The hotel industry is affected really bad right now. If you are forced to cancel your trip to Copenhagen due to covid-19, we hope that you will re-book your stay instead of canceling.
Each country has its own guidelines for crossing borders, and it may change with time. Please check in advance with both your own country's guidelines and the guidelines of the Danish authorities before booking.
For all guests allowed to visit us, our general cancellation policy applies. Find it here.
Booking changes must be sent to email@example.com.
Please note that we cannot change your booking if you have booked it through another travel partner (booking.com, expedia.com etc.). If that is the case, you need to contact them instead. We encourage you to book directly with us in the future so we can help you better.
We recommend that anyone with questions regarding the covid-19 situation contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.